We grew up adoring her for her role as the intelligent, beautiful, and wittingly-dangerous Hermione Granger from the Harry Potter Series. And, we shortly ended up idolizing her even more for her flawlessly feminist take on gender equality with her gutsy HeForShe campaign.
Yes, Emma Watson is probably the chicest model-turned-actress we know, and to commemorate her keen fashion sense, fearless feminist stance, and last but not least, her 25th birthday, we’ve compiled a list of 15 unique facts that you probably didn’t know about her.
- Her famously known role as Hermione Granger was the first time Emma Watson acted professionally, and it took eight consistent auditions before producer David Heyman said yes. Could you imagine growing up in a world with a different actress cast as Hermione?
- Both of her parents, Jacqueline Luesby and Chris Watson, are English lawyers.
- She has two cats named Bubbles and Domino.
- At age 15, she was the youngest person to debut on the cover of Teen Vogue.
- In 2007, Watson was ranked third on the “Yahoo! List of the 10 Most Popular Stars of 2007.” In that same year Forbes Magazine estimated Watson’s earnings at $4 million.
- She refers to Harry Potter co-stars Daniel Radcliffe and Rupert Grint as her “brothers.”
- Graduated from Brown University with an AB in English Literature on May 25, 2014.
- In 2010, Watson collaborated with the organic and fair trade pioneer People Tree.
- She was voted as the 17th ‘most desirable’ woman on “Ask Men’s Top 99 Most Desirable Women”
- American’s Next Top Model Cycle 18 winner, Sophie Sumner was not only a former roommate of hers, but is also Watson’s current best girlfriend.
- Playing the lead role in “Cinderella” didn’t interest her at all.
- She is an avid fan of the following television shows: “Friends”, “Sex and the City”, “Girls”, “Gossip Girl”, and “America’s Next Top Model.”
- Her favorite filmmakers include Richard Curtis, Guillermo del Toro, Soria Coppola, Danny Boyle, and Lynne Ramsay.
- Her full name is Emma Charlotte Duerre Watson, which came from her paternal grandmother, born Freda Emma Duerre.
- Her current estimated net worth is approximately $60 million.