Question: What are the best makeup removers?
Answer: Removing makeup can be tough, especially when it’s waterproof. What’s even worse? Some makeup removers can leave your skin feeling itchy and irritated. If you have sensitive skin or acne prone skin, you need something that is gentle and oil free. Whether you’re using facial wipes or liquid remover, it’s always important to follow up with a gentle cleanser to help wash away any remaining makeup or dirt. Here are some of the best drugstore makeup removers that will suit any skin type:
1. Simple Kind to Skin Oil Balancing Cleansing Facial Wipes help remove waterproof makeup and cleanse the skin. They’re made with natural ingredients and don’t contain any dyes, artificial perfumes, or alcohol. Say good-bye to oily residue and hello to Pro-Vitamin B5. It’s also safe for contacts wearers and great for traveling!
2. Neutrogena Oil-free Eye Makeup Remover is a gentle oil-free remover that gets rid of waterproof eye makeup and is safe for sensitive skin. This is one of my favorite products because it really does a great job at removing mascara. All Neutrogena products are ophthalmologist tested and dermatologist-recommended.
3. Neutrogena Natural Fresh Cleansing + Makeup Remover is a natural dual action product that cleanses and removes all traces of makeup. It’s non-irritating and gentle enough to use on your eye area. Because it’s derived from natural ingredients, you won’t find any parabens, dyes, or chemical sulfates. It’s a rich cleanser that doesn’t strip the skin. An added bonus: it’s not tested on animals–always a plus!
4. Pond’s Original Cleansing Towelettes are made with Vitamin E and antioxidants. They thoroughly remove makeup, leaving the skin clean and fresh. These wipes are non-irritating and dermatologist tested. They’re also safe for contacts wearers and are hypoallergenic. I like to use a gentle cleanser after I use facial wipes because it helps wash away of any extra residue left behind.
Makeup removers are a personal preference, so some might prefer wipes to liquid products. I’ve personally tried all of these products and think that they’re great if you’re looking for something inexpensive and high quality. However, if you prefer high-end products, there are plenty of makeup removers that can be found in department stores and beauty supply stores like Sephora. Here are a few of the best high-end makeup removers if you’re looking for something a little bit more luxurious.
1. Clinique Take The Day Off Remover for Lids, Lashes, and Lips is great for all skin types and gently dissolves eye makeup and lip products. It’s safe for contact wearers and sensitive skin, and is ophthalmologist tested.
2. Origins Well Off Fast and Gentle Eye Makeup Remover is a natural makeup remover made with soothing ingredients such as Rose Damascena to gently dissolve eye makeup. It’s suited for all skin types and ophthalmologist tested. All Origins products are made with 100% natural essential oils and are derived from organic ingredients.
3. Lancôme Bi-Facil Double-Action Eye Makeup Remover is an award-winning product that helps remove stubborn waterproof makeup and doesn’t leave an oily residue. It’s great for sensitive skin and, like the previous two products, is ophthalmologist tested.
There are plenty more makeup removers to choose from but these are the ones that I have tried so far. If you’re willing to spend the extra money on the high-end products, they’re definitely worth trying, but if you prefer the inexpensive brands, they work just as well!
What are your favorite makeup removers?