Lingerie is one of my favorite things ever. It instills a secret confidence when you wear matching bra and undies, whether for yourself or for a loved one. Some of my personal favourites are from lonely hearts – a bit more on the pricier, side but in my opinion, 110% worth it. With amazing colours ranging from hunter green to powder blue, their pieces are incredibly nice. The thing I love most about the lonely hearts collections are the placement of the straps, which make them perfect for everyday wear under a semi see through shirt or a tee and jeans. These average at about $80 dollars.
If you’re looking to really treat yourself or a significant other, then Agent Provocateur is for you! It’s the defintion of sex appeal. AgentProvocateur has a full range of lingerie- from delicate and pretty sets, see through bras and undies, to ‘hardcore’ leather pieces and cut-outs. My favourites are the delicate ones as seen below in the picture featured on Tanya Burrs blog. Averaging at about $120, Provocateur pieces aren’t cheap, but they are definitely a treat!
For more laid back and casual lingerie, then Urban Outfitters is the place for you! Urban Outfitters is perfect if you’re on a budget or just aren’t looking for something super special. They have a great range, varying from your classic triangle bras to more slinky and sexy pieces. My favourites are the matching undies and bras that they carry. Averaging at about $30 a pair, they are a steal!
If you are more of a laid back girl that cant be bother with fancy bras and underwear with lace and underwire because it messes with your skin, then classic Calvins are for you. Calvin carries super easy, and not to mention, comfortable pieces. The designer label definitely will give you a confidence boost too!
Finally, here are some Lingerie tips!
- When in doubt.. go black! It’s the best colour thats flatters all body types and is pretty versatile.
- Wear your lingerie to work, or out shopping under your clothes. Wear it for you, you will feel 100% more confident.
- Actually go into a lingerie shop rather than buy online and get your self measured for your bra ( you should get fitted at least once a year)- that way, you will get a nice, comfortable fit.
- Comfort is key! if you don’t feel comfortable in it then you most likely don’t feel sexy and confident. So get what you really think suits you the most.
- To reiterate: get yourself fitted for your bra! It is important considering around 80% of women wear the wrong size bra.