Question: What are the best setting powders and sprays?
Answer: Finding the perfect powder or spray to set your makeup can be a challenging process. There are many burning questions to be answered: do you have oil, dry or combination skin? Do you want a matte powder or an illuminating powder? Do you prefer a pressed compact or a loose powder? Then it’s time to test out products and find the ones that mesh well with you. Overwhelmed? We don’t blame you—a girl doesn’t have time for that! To save time and energy, I’ve compiled a list of powders and sprays that will suit your skin needs, and hopefully save you time:
- Tarte Smooth Operator Amazonian Clay Finishing Powder: This high-end product is a translucent luxurious loose powder that leaves the skins feeling healthy and oil-free. Bonus: It doesn’t contain those nasty parabens or phthalates!
- Bare Minerals Mineral Veil: This is an oily girl’s dream, as this product absorbs excess oils. It’s reat for all skin types and does not contain any harsh chemicals like parabens, sulfates, synthetic waxes or fragrance. Goes great over Bare Minerals Foundation or clean skin.
- Laura Mercier Secret Brightening Powder: Okay ladies, this is not to be confused with highlighting powder! This powder is totally ideal for people with dry skin who want to brighten up their look. It provides a nice finish to the skin, without making the skin look greasy or chalky. Great for sensitive skin.
Makeup Setting Sprays
- Urban Decay De-Slick Oil Control Makeup Setting Spray: This product is must have setting spray that might change your life, if you have oily skin. A little bit of this goes a long way and it lasts all day. This spray control excess oil and is infused with a temperature control technology that prevents your makeup from melting. It is paraben and oil free. I prefer to use this after foundation or on top of powder, for added staying power.
- Urban Decay Chill Makeup Setting Spray: This product is a setting mist that has temperature control technology that instantly cools and hydrate the skin. It lasts for up to 12 hours and prevents your makeup from melting meanwhile, giving your skin a healthy looking glow. It is great for those with dry to combination skin. I think it would be perfect during the summer since heat tends to melt makeup. Nobody wants a sticky face!
As you can see, there are tons of setting powders out there. You’ll find the perfect one in no time.
What are your favorite makeup setting powders and/or sprays?