The life of a blogger is pretty fun. They receive invitations to fashion and beauty events, try the latest products, meet new people, and so on. But, the job isn’t always as glamorous as it sounds. It takes hard work and dedication to master the art of blogging. So before you drop everything in your life to become a fashion or beauty blogger, remember that it’s so much more than just free samples and exclusive invites.
To become a successful blogger girl, there are some tips and tricks you need to know. These tips worked for my blog, and can help you create the website you’ve always wanted.
Fashion and Beauty Blogger Tips
1. Find Your Voice. Before you start your blog, think about your theme. What do you want your blog to say? How will your blog reflect who you are? You have to prepare for these kind of questions before you leap into the world of blogging.
2. No High Expectations. Never set high expectations for yourself or your blog. Always expect the unexpected. You will not become an overnight success after just one blog post. It takes time and effort to establish a name and an audience. It’s okay if you start with a low number of followers during the beginning stages of your blog. You build numbers and grow as you continue to add content to your blog.
3. Be Consistent. It is very important to be consistent with your content. I know we all have lives—school, work, children, family, etc. Work with your life schedule. Do not take on more than you can handle! You could easily become stressed and give up. Stay on track when times get tough!
4. Keep it Light. Post your content at least once or twice a week. It will prevent your readers from feeling overwhelmed with too much content. Plus, you won’t feel stressed and pressured to constantly brainstorm new ideas.
5. NO SPAM. I cannot stress this tip enough! Nothing drives me crazy more than constant spam comments like “check out my blog” or “follow me here.” You do not have to like and follow every blog people send your way just to gain a following. If people like your content and your blog, they will come back.
6. Passion. Be passionate about blogging. It starts with you. If you want to start a career in media, journalism, or social media, then start writing! The more you add content, the more passionate you’ll become about blogging.
7. Be Yourself. This is my favorite tip! When it comes to blogging, just be yourself. Do not follow the trends or copy work from other bloggers. Your readers can pick up on these bad habits, and they’ll most likely stray from your website. Avoid this and post content that is a reflection of you. You can talk about more than just fashion and beauty related topics as long as your content is genuine and honest.
Follow these tips and take the plunge into blogging! Who knows? Maybe I’ll come across your blog one day.
What are some of your blogger tips? How did you start your blog? leave your thoughts in the comments section!