Question: What are your best beauty tricks?
Answer: I love beauty hacks and I have loads that really come in handy. Here are some of my best beauty tricks. Hopefully you’ll learn some useful new tips!
1. Use moisturizer as eye makeup remover. If I ever mess up my eyeshadow or get mascara on my eyelid, I don’t reach for a makeup wipe. Those things are expensive if you use three a day! Instead, I reach for a cotton swab and some cheap moisturizer that I get from Big Lots. Throwing a little moisturizer on your lids and then wiping it off with a square of toilet paper works just as well as any makeup wipe, and it helps hydrate your skin. It’s a two-in-one deal!
2. Use blush as lipstick. Got a blush in a pretty color? Put it on your lips! Wet any dense, flat brush (like a flat eyeliner brush or concealer brush) and dip it into your blush. Then just apply it to moisturized lips for a perfectly tinted pout!
3. Make a DIY exfoliator. Don’t want to spend big bucks on buying exfoliating scrubs? Make your own using brown sugar, honey, and coconut oil. A ton of recipes are available on the internet, so try them out!
4. Layer mascaras. I thought this beauty trick was common knowledge until I realized that no one else does it. I have mascaras that are great for length and I have mascaras that are great for volume. But, I can rarely find one that makes my lashes look good even if I pile it on for ten minutes straight, which usually just results in a clumpy mess. To achieve a great lash look, begin with a mascara that never clumps, like Covergirl Clump Crusher. Then, layer on a lengthening mascara followed by a volumizing one. This technique will create dramatic lashes in a flash!
5. Make a DIY makeup remover. Combine equal parts olive oil and witch hazel to create your very own natural makeup remover. I think that it works better than any makeup remover on the market!
I love beauty hacks because they save time and money. What are your favorite beauty tricks and tips?